Saturday 19 April 2014

Tesco Treats - yes, I said Tesco!

Hi Lovelies 

Today my boyfriend and I needed to 'nip' into Tesco for some essential items and toiletries as we are going to Bruges for a mini break on Monday. Now I am sure you can probably relate to me on this one, 'nip in' and 'Tesco' very rarely appear in the same sentence with me. So we got to Tesco and off Tom went to find his toiletries for the trip and left me to look in the clothing and make up sections! Eak! Our local Tesco has quite an extensive range of make up to offer, including Barry M which I can almost never walk past without purchasing something (most of the time that I don't actually need). An hour and a half later, we left Tesco with all the essentials we needed for our trip such as; toothpaste - boring, shower gel - boring and a few little treats for me - exciting! Which leads me onto my impromptu Tesco haul! Tom probably hates me right now as he is getting the car prepped and I'm writing this, although he thinks I'm packing…shhhhhh.











So here are my lovely little treats. First up is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I am pretty late arriving to this party but have read so many good reviews by you bloggers, that I had to buy it! I have just tried it out and so far, I love it. Like many reviews have mentioned before, it easily removes make up whilst leaving my skin feeling fresh and clean. Let's face it girls, non of us enjoy taking our make up off at the end of the day in a sleepy state, so the quicker, the better right?! 




Secondly I bought the Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation in Natural 4. I have used this product before and I like how cheap it is (£6) and the coverage it gives for everyday use. I sometimes mix in a bit of face moisturiser too if I want less coverage. It does leave a 'dewy' finish so avoid if you prefer the matte look. 






Next I bought the Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer. I have really dark circles under my eyes at all times, no matter how tired I am (it's a family thing) and this is really good at concealing and brightening those horrid grey circles. Again, this is a cheapie at just £5. 





Would you believe it? Tesco had a 3 for 2 offer on across all brands - thanks shop assistant lady - I had missed the signs for this so when the assistant told me, I headed straight for Barry M. I picked up the 402 blusher which is a pinky shade. I like this blusher as it doesn't shimmer like a lot of other brands tend to. I think this was meant to be around £5 but of course it was FREE! I like it even more because of this! 






My favourite hairspray is VO5 High Volume. I love the smell and I love that you can't tell its in my hair. A lot of brands often leave a sticky residue that you can see on my hair, so I love this - only £3 and it's a BIG bottle! 


Next (oh my gosh I have bought so many treats) I bought some lovely little patent peachy/pinky/nudey ballet pumps. These caught my eye and at first I ignored the urge, but then we walked back past them and I had to try them on - must have been a sign - and so I bought them. I thought they would be perfect for Bruges, very European! Please don't rain (*crosses fingers). 


A few weeks ago I saw a top in Mango that I loved - a mint green colour cami with thin straps. I didn't buy it though as my sister, Charlotte had just bought a similar lemon colour one from Primark for a third of the price and I couldn't justify spending the money on the exact same top in a different colour for that much! I have been thinking about biting the bullet and getting it and then today in Tesco - TA DA - there it was: a very similar one for £8. Yes please, in my basket! I love it and think it will look perfect with either black rolled up skinnies and a statement necklace (for evening) or over faded skinnies or boyfriend jeans for casual. Perfect for Bruges (please no rain).





Last but not least I bought a little treat for my sister as she is cat sitting for us whilst we are away. CHOKABLOK!! This is amazing stuff and of course it's Easter, so we are allowed to eat as much chocolate as we like, right? 




Anyway, that's that! What do you lovely people think of supermarket clothing? Are you a fan or not? I'm not usually overly keen with the selection of clothing supermarkets have but sometimes you just find a little treasure hidden away, so it's always worth a look. 

Thanks for reading,

Kate xx

ps Hendrix says Hello - Meow xx





4 comments:

  1. I'm so partial to a Tesco beauty haul , just so convenient! Impossible to walk past without having a little look (hahaa!)

    Lovely post thanks for sharing,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chocolate look so yummy. Some of the larger Tesco's have the best makeup selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those shoes from Tesco !! They are soo cute for Spring/Summer. Emma xxx
    http://everyonewantstosmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little treats are always the best treats! :) I have to say that those shoes look really pretty, flats are my favorite kind of shoe!

    ReplyDelete