Wednesday 16 April 2014

Threading of the Brows




Hi Lovelies

So the story starts about five years ago when my good friend took me to have my eyebrows threaded! "Threaded?!" I asked dubiously - "sounds scary", but she dragged me along and I sat down in the little chair ready for my first threading experience. 


Now, just to fill you in, I have dark brows and I am rather fair (blonde hair, pale skin). I am conscious of my brows because of this as I always think they stand out, but recently I am learning to love them - big brows are in, right?

So off the lady went threading away. This whole encounter left me what I can only describe as funny - funny, in a sickly way. As in it made me feel a bit sick and spaced out. Strange I know! After this unusual experience it made me feel tingly around my brows and the skin around them broke out in spots. Not the look I was going for. Although I quite liked the shape of them, I swore I would never have them threaded again and vowed to just pluck pluck pluck! 

Brows!
This brings us to yesterday. My friend and I popped into town for a few 'bits', as you do. She said she was going to have her brows threaded! UH OH! That funny feeling rose inside me again and I decided that I have a mini fear of this said activity. So do you know what I did? That's right, I decided to face my irrational fear (slight exaggeration here) and have another go at the dreaded thread! 

This time, to my surprise, it was fine. The lady was so gentle. She gave them a little trim first and then got to it and started working her magic with her thread! Although it did make me feel a bit funny, she did it so quickly that it was over in about 51/2 little minutes. She even rubbed aloe vera gel on afterwards to sooth the tingly sensation! I love the shape she has made them, I feel they are more equal now, shape wise. I just have to wait to see if I break out in spots again, but so far, it's looking good! 

And my boyfriend- what does he think? Well he hasn't even noticed, but hey as long as I like them that's all the matters right?! 

What do you guys think about eyebrow threading? Thumbs up or down? Let me know lovelies.

Thanks for reading

Kate xx

3 comments:

  1. I love getting my eyebrows threaded! But I always go red red red as a tomato after. Luckily I don't need to get mine done very often, but when I do I love the shape it seems impossible to get with anything else.

    Lovely post, thanks for sharing

    X Emma

    www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. I have some spottage going on in between the brow now! It's worth it though x

      Delete
  2. Getting your eyebrows threaded is most definitely worth it!!! Fab post and fab blog!

    www.brookdellar.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete